Let it be known that guy’s pants are the most comfortable pieces of clothing I have worn in my entire life
Remember who you are
the best part of this, though, is that steve waits until he’s saved the world to do it - like, he’s completed *his* mission, and now he can lay down and die, can let bucky kill him if necessary, because even if he’s saved the world (again!), he doesn’t want to live in it without bucky again (lbr, he didn’t want to do it the first time- there is not a significant passage of time between bucky falling from that train and steve refusing to eject from the valkyrie - i don’t think it’s a conscious suicide attempt, but he’s certainly not invested in getting out alive, and nothing that’s happened to him since has really ameliorated that; steve’s always been reckless, but his recklessness has a death-wishy edge to it post-bucky’s death), not now that he knows bucky’s alive. he’s already admitted he doesn’t know how to be happy in this brave new world, every certainty he had has been shaken, and then he discovers that his best friend - whose death he carried - suffered a fate worse than death, because if you’re dead they can’t kill you over and over again by turning you into a thing to be used, a weapon to be aimed and fired and then put away until the next time, and steve blames himself for that, for the fact that even after he grew eight inches and a hundred pounds, he still wasn’t good enough, strong enough to save bucky. but here it’s not physical strength that saves him, but love, because steve’s heart has always been his strongest muscle.
Captain America: the Winter Soldier - The Falcon [x]
#SAM WAS SO GREAT LET ME LIST SOME OF THE WAYS #fearlessly chatting with captain america; treating steve like a human being #recognizing something in steve that speaks to having a hard time adjusting to his situation #and bringing it up in a way that doesn’t put steve on the defensive or make it sound like something not perfectly normal #inviting him to a ptsd meeting without making it seem like he thinks steve needs therapy #or that therapy is something to be ashamed about needing #just so casual and so fucking cool #Sam will be your legs before you realize you can’t stand anymore #and he’ll never ever make that about him (via queenklu)
Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother, Send your child unto me, For the sins of the unworthy must be baptised in blood and fear.
- Bucky and Steve having box set evenings, just streaming entire seasons of GOT, marathoning the entirety of Star Wars (4,5,1,2,3,6, because Bucky had looked it up on the internet), getting pissed that Firefly was cancelled when they went looking for the rest of the season.
- Bucky ordering 20 pizzas online because the novelty of being able to do so was just too much, 'holy shit, I'd never have left the house if we could have done this in the 30's'.
- Ugly tears into tubs of ‘Ben and Jerry’s’ over everything 'programming just wasn't this emotional back in the day, what are they doing to my feelings?'
- 'Holy shit, can they show this on television?'
- Bucky sets up an xbox live account,’WhothefuckisBucky’, and trolls 12 year olds on Battlefield by making improbable head shots.
- 'Steve, Steve, you've got to come over here.' *crying* 'Have you heard this guy, holy shit, he must be like 12, holy shit son, we were in the army and I've never heard someone swear like this!' *doubles over laughing*
- Bucky snapchatting Steve from the top of the White House.
- 'Holy shit, Bucky where are you?' 'Well, I went for a walk and decided I needed some exercise' 'So you climbed the White House?' 'Idk man, i felt I did them a favour, the security is just awful' 'Bucky, what the fuck?' 'Sorry, Steve, gtg, secret service finally found a way onto the roof, see you later, I'll buy milk on the way home'
Bitchy Sherlock is my favorite Sherlock.
Tom Hiddleston films scenes for the new horror movie ‘Crimson Peak’ in Toronto on April 17, 2014 [HQ]
the thing is, Bucky only has like, 10 lines in CATWS. but 9 out of those 10 lines make you wanna set yourself on fire.
With every victory, this evil will grow.